Mindful Breathing Exercises – The Best Tip to Overcome Stress Related Health Problems
Are you looking for the some tips to overcome stress, anger, anxiety, depression or any other stress related health problems like panic attacks, headaches, and obesity or digestive problems?
Look no further than practicing mindful breathing exercises regularly.
Here are 3 best breathing exercises and techniques that can prove useful in relaxing your mind and body and reduce stress and stress related health problems. Try each of the following breathing exercises to experience how they help you reduce stress and stress related health problems.
The Stimulating Breathing Exercise
When done properly, the stimulating breathing exercise helps in increasing your energy levels and alertness.
How to do stimulating breathing exercise?
- Inhale and exhale rapidly through your nose, keeping your mouth closed but relaxed. Your breaths in and out should be equal in duration, but as short as possible. This is a noisy breathing exercise.
- Try for 3 in-and-out breath cycles per second. This produces a quick movement of the diaphragm, suggesting a bellows. Breathe normally after each cycle.
- Do not do for more than 15 seconds on your first try. Each time you practice the Stimulating Breath, you can increase your time by 5 seconds or so, until you reach a full minute.
The Relaxing Breathing Exercise
When done properly, the relaxing breathing exercise helps in overcoming stress, anxiety and tension. This exercise is also helpful in alleviating your sleeping problems.
How to do relaxing breathing exercise?
- Sit back straight. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper teeth. Keep it there during the entire exercise.
- You will be exhaling through your mouth around your tongue.
- Now exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of 4.
- Hold your breath for a count of 7.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of 8.
- This is 1 breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle 3 more times for a total of 4 breaths.
The Breath Counting Breathing Exercise
The breath counting breathing exercise is the best form for meditation. You can practice this breathing exercise whenever you feel stressed or anxious before an important task or event.
How to do breath counting breathing exercise?
- Sit straight. Gently close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Now let the breath come naturally without trying to influence it.
- To begin the exercise, count “1” to yourself as you exhale.
- The next time you exhale, count “2,” and so on up to “5.”
- Then begin a new cycle, counting “1” on the next exhalation.
Note: Never count higher than “5” and count only when you exhale. You will know your attention has wandered when you find yourself up to “8,” “12,” even “19.”
Best Mobile App to Practice Breathing Exercises
Heal My Life is a very useful app to practice a wide range of mindful breathing exercises. To know more about Heal My Life app, visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.healmylife.hml